Just because you want to make country fried chicken doesn’t mean that the dish will turn out being unhealthy. Using organic chicken and a variety of herbs and spices, you can create a guilt-free version of the classic comfort dish. Make healthy, country fried chicken with this delicious recipe.
2 whole Organic Chickens, quartered
1.5 tsp Cayenne Pepper
2.25 tsp Black Pepper
1 TBSP Kosher Salt
1.5 tsp Onion Powder
.5 tsp Garlic Powder
1 pint Rice Milk
2 TBSP Vinegar or Lemon Juice
1 cup Egg Replacer
2 TBSP Cayenne Pepper
3 TBSP Black Pepper
4 TBSP Kosher Salt
2 TBSP Onion Powder
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 cups Brown Rice Flour
1 cup Tapioca Flour
1 cup Potato Starch
2 cups Olive Oil
1.25 cups Grapeseed Oil
1. Combine the Vinegar (lemon juice) with the Rice Milk. Let rest for one hour.
2. Combine all spices for the marinade to the milk mixture.
3. Poke the chicken vigorously with a fork and add to the marinade.
4. Rub the chicken with the spiced milk marinade, cover, refrigerate 1 hour
5. Mix the ingredients for the flour mixture
6. Heat oil to 325° in a cast iron skillet
7. Dredge the chicken into the flour mix and set chicken in the heated oil
*DO NOT OVERLOAD THE PAN! MAINTAIN OIL TEMPERATURE!
8. Cook chicken flipping once until golden brown and thoroughly cooked
9. Internal temperature 165° and juices should run clear (approx. 20 minutes)
Corn Starch could be used in place of Potato Starch
Sweet Rice Flour could be used in place of Tapioca Starch
Use Buttermilk if you don’t have a dairy allergy
If you don’t have an egg allergy, you could whisk an egg into the marinade to provide an even stickier and thicker crust
Baking the chicken after frying allows you to remove the excess grease